The placenta benefits a healing mother after birth in many forms. Placenta capsules, creams and tinctures can all be made from a single placenta. Different benefits to each preparation but all benefit the mother by encouraging a quicker more natural recovery after birth.
Placenta and post-birth healing?
A mother can lose 1/8 to 1/10 of the blood supple during the process of a normal vaginal delivery leaving her prime to anemia, exhaustion and a impaired ability to heal.
The placenta is the perfect replenishment for a new mother, supplying her with essential iron, amino acids and fats to assist in her recovery. Placenta remedies have been reported by mothers to:
- reduction in post birth bleeding
- support a healthy milk supply
- balance hormonal shifts
- balance stress levels
- prevent/treat postnatal depression
- boost energy
- improve skin
Placenta's are full of Nutrients
Your placenta is rich in:
- Iron - essential for oxygen absorption.
- Vitamins B6 - aids in preventing depression.
- Oxytocin hormone - facilitates birth and breastfeeding.
- Corticotropin - reducing stress levels.
- Cytokines - triggers replacement of damaged cells and tissue.
- Stem Cells and Growth Factors.